bee mindful app - getting started
The beauty of Yoga Nidra is that you can't do it wrong. The only thing you need to do is get as comfortable as possible; preferably lying down.
We take this seriously in Yoga Nidra. Really, take the time to create a space for yourself to be fully supported and supremely comfortable so that your body can rest deeply.
Tips to get comfortable:
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Lay down on a yoga mat or comfortable supportive surface
- Place a bolster or rolled blanket under your knees to reduce strain in low back
- Place a small pillow or support under the head
- Cover yourself with a light blanket as body temperature may drop during meditation
- Place an eye pillow over your eyes to shield external light and turn your awareness inward
Note: If lying down is uncomfortable or unavailable, you can sit in a chair. Be prepared to remain still.
Reminder: Silence your phone or put on "Do Not Disturb" mode (in settings) so you will not be interrupted during meditation.